Most Active Stories
- School Scrambles To Preserve Newly Discovered Chalkboards From 1917
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Worried about radioactive 'Fukushima' fish in the US? Don't be, scientists say
- Ten Commandments Monument Must Be Removed From Oklahoma's State Capitol
- Combat medics train for war in an LA emergency room
Tue March 11, 2014
Two Guys Bow Ties: Reinventing the Bow Tie
The Buffalo Lounge hosted an elevator pitch competition on Monday night, where ten Oklahoma entrepreneurs each gave a 90-second elevator pitch and competed for $10,000 in prizes.
The grand prize winner of Monday night’s Buffalo Lounge Elevator Pitch competition was the aptly-named Oklahoma City software start-up Who Is On My Wifi?. The software sends individuals and small companies e-mails or text messages when unauthorized users log onto their wireless network.
Most of the companies represented were tech start-ups. But, one company presented themselves in a much different manner. The founders of Two Guys Bow Ties wore, you guessed it, bow ties. But, here’s the thing – those bow ties are made out of wood.
The Tulsa based company pairs exotic hardwoods like African Zebrawood and Peruvian Walnut with argyle and plaid patterns.
More information on Two Guys Bow Ties at woodenbowties.com.
Tune in every day this week to hear what Oklahomans are doing at SXSW. And you can keep up with my daily SXSW adventures on Twitter – @KOSUryan