The former lawyer for the Oklahoma State Department of Health faces felony charges accusing her of sending herself threatening emails related to Oklahoma’s recently adopted medical marijuana rules. Oklahoma County prosecutors filed three separate charges Tuesday against Julie Ezell. The criminal complaint accuses Ezell of sending threats to her own government email account earlier this month and reporting the threats to health department investigators. Ezell did not respond to requests for...
The family of state Rep. Claudia Griffith has confirmed she has died at the age of 67. The Democrat from Norman was elected to the House in 2014 and again in 2016. She had recently been running for state Senate and was set for a runoff in August against Mary Boren. Boren says she will suspend campaign activities to honor Griffith and her family. Griffith spent a full career in healthcare, recently serving as the Executive Director of Health for Friends, a healthcare non-profit organization...
Latest News From NPR
- Tenants Sue Kushner Cos. For Alleged Harassment, N.Y. Governor Launches Probe
- Former Equestrian Says She Sprayed Pig's Blood In Lover's Home As Revenge For Affair
- Nelson Mandela's Prison Letters: 'One Day I Will Be Back At Home'
- Fed's Powell Says A Long Trade War Could Hurt U.S. Economy
- Dark Money Groups Get A Little Darker, Thanks To IRS
Updated at 4:34 p.m. ET Charges accusing a woman of trying to build bridges between the Russian government and American political leaders via the National Rifle Association have delivered a breakthrough in understanding one aspect of the attack on the 2016 election: "infiltration." After months of questions and speculation as to how or whether the NRA connection might have worked, prosecutors proffered an answer on Monday: The Russian woman, Maria Butina, was the intermediary between Russian...
- First Listen: Balún, 'Prisma Tropical'
- Virtual Band Gorillaz Brings Intimacy And Eager Energy To 'The Now Now'
- Pussy Riot Prevails Against Russia In European Human Rights Court Ruling
- One Eleven Heavy 'Crosses' The Atlantic With Grateful Dead-Indebted Boogie
- The Strange Magic Of YouTube's '80s Remix Culture