Most Active Stories
- School Scrambles To Preserve Newly Discovered Chalkboards From 1917
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Ten Commandments Monument Must Be Removed From Oklahoma's State Capitol
- Combat medics train for war in an LA emergency room
- New Mix: Kacey Musgraves, a Talking Heads Cover & Superhumanoids
House District 89
Thu August 21, 2014
Runoff Winner Takes House Seat in OKC
A runoff election in Oklahoma City will decide the winner between two Democrats as no Republican is challenging.
KOSU’s Michael Cross reports on House District 89.
The winner of Tuesday’s runoff is replacing term limited Democratic Representative Rebecca Hamilton.
Building Superintendent Shane Stone is keeping busy on the campaign trail after garnering 32% of the vote in the primary.
He says one of his favorite things he’s been able to do is park clean ups.
“A big issue is just neighborhood cleanliness and trying to clean it up, and we’ve gotten first hand in that and we’ve just been out working hard. I’d just go out and ask for each person’s vote individually.”
Stone says his biggest asset is his youth and energy.
His opponent Mary Sosa got 43% in the primary, but only about 70 votes separated the two.
Sosa didn’t return our call for this story.
The Race for HD88
GOP Candidates Face No Democratic Challenger