Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- School Scrambles To Preserve Newly Discovered Chalkboards From 1917
- Women still face a tough time in the hallowed halls of Japan's prestigious universities
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Homeless? Need Food or Shelter? There's an App For That
- Combat medics train for war in an LA emergency room
Ben Allen was the Morning Edition host at KOSU, from March 2012 to October 2013.
While at KOSU, he garnered a number of awards for his reporting, including four first place Society of Professional Journalists, Oklahoma chapter awards in 2012, tied for the most of any journalist – print or broadcast – in the state. His reporting exposed a plan by a Native American tribe to commercially harvest castor beans, which contain the poison ricin. That plan was eventually shelved. He also illuminated the impact the U.S. farm bill has on both farmers and the poor.
Ben grew up in Springfield, Massachusetts and is a 2011 graduate of Fordham University. He was previously employed at the school’s NPR member station WFUV.
As of May 2015, Ben is a full-time general assignment reporter for WITF in central Pennsylvania.