Most Active Stories
- School Scrambles To Preserve Newly Discovered Chalkboards From 1917
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Worried about radioactive 'Fukushima' fish in the US? Don't be, scientists say
- Ten Commandments Monument Must Be Removed From Oklahoma's State Capitol
- Combat medics train for war in an LA emergency room
An important contribution to quality radio is made by foundations, corporations and individuals who provide funds to underwrite the presentation of a program or series of programs broadcast on KOSU.
What is underwriting?
KOSU acknowledges corporate contributions to the radio station with brief on-air messages called underwriting. Since these contributions help pay for programming costs, underwriting is to public radio what advertising is to commercial stations. The value and number of on-air messages is determined by their placement during the broadcast schedule. KOSU provides a rate sheet which specifies the values of the messages throughout our program schedule.
Who Hears Your Messages?
Underwriting on KOSU provides your business or organization an audience notably distinguished by its education level and professional success. You will benefit from reaching an audience which includes a high concentration of affluent, well-educated business decision-makers, community leaders and opinion shapers.
How Does Underwriting Help Your Business?
By making the decision to underwrite KOSU programming, you can put radio to work for you in three distinct areas of marketing: advertising, public relations and community involvement.
- Advertising: KOSU reaches a very desirable and frequently hard to reach target market. By running underwriting credits strategically placed either in specific programs or throughout the KOSU schedule, your message will be heard by an attractive potential consumer of your product or service.
- Public Relations: KOSU listeners are extremely loyal to public radio and often choose to do business with fellow supporters. Your association with public radio enhances your credibility. You will create a most positive image when you sponsor programming on KOSU.
- Community Involvement: KOSU is a worthwhile, non-profit community resource, serving Oklahoma for nearly 60 years. Your support is also tax-deductible as a philanthropic gift.
How Can You Underwrite On KOSU?
KOSU's staff of experienced professionals will work with you to develop a custom-designed schedule of underwriting announcements to meet your organizational goals. Your plan can range from sponsorship of a specific program to a schedule that spans all segments of the day. We also offer sponsorships in special events as well a corporate partnership program for KOSU's on-air membership drives.
Meet Our Underwriting Sales Staff:
For more information on how to use KOSU as a marketing tool for your business, contact Jenny Mae Harms at (855) 808-5678 or by email.
Current KOSU Business Supporters
Anglin Public Relations
Charlie’s Discount Drug -- Stillwater
City of Stillwater
Cole and Reed P.C.
COOP Ale Works
Drumright Dental Center
First Presbyterian Church -- Oklahoma City
Formal Fantasy -- Stillwater
Fowler Volkswagen -- Norman
Green Connections / Turtle Rock Farms -- Billings
Judith Karman Hospice -- Stillwater
Ludivine -- Oklahoma City
McCollom’s Furniture -- Stillwater
Northern Oklahoma Metals -- Enid
Oklahoma Arts Institute
Oklahoma Bar Association
Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative
Oklahoma Humanities Council
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
Oklahoma Pork Council
Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University Foundation
OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
OSU Theatre Department
Overhead Door Company -- Stillwater
Picasso Café -- Oklahoma City
Primrose Retirement Community -- Stillwater
Razook’s Drug -- Stillwater
Riata Center for Entrepreneurship -- Oklahoma State University
Rose State Live
Stillwater Building Center
Stillwater Convention and Visitors Bureau
Stillwater Medical Center
Stillwater Public Library
Teen Recovery Solutions
The Canebrake -- Wagoner
William Inge Center for the Arts -- Independence, Kansas
Wilson Pharmacy -- Midwest City/Oklahoma City
Woody Guthrie Center -- Tulsa