Sustaining Membership FAQ
What are the benefits of my Sustaining Membership?
Becoming a Sustaining Member is a way to put more of your dollars into the news and music on KOSU. As a Sustaining Member, you:
- Become a part of the KOSU community.
- Are automatically entered into station drawings.
- Will be invited to several events throughout the year for Sustaining members ONLY
- Automatically renew each year – no more renewal notices, or unnecessary mail.
- Save us thousands of dollars in postage, paper and administrative costs.
How do I tell if I’m a Sustaining member?
Sustaining members donate to KOSU monthly on their credit or debit card, or through an OSU payroll deduction plan. Sustaining monthly contributions continue indefinitely, until KOSU is notified to cancel. Sustaining members also do not receive renewal notices from KOSU. If you think you are a Sustaining member but are receiving renewal notices, please let us know so that we can resolve the issue.
Are my monthly donations tax-deductible?
Yes, your donations are tax-deductible. To reduce costs, KOSU collaborates with the Oklahoma State University Foundation to issue tax receipts at the end of each calendar year.
Do I need to call in during the Membership Drive to renew my pledge?
No. As a Sustaining member your Membership is ongoing and automatically renews each year. However, you are welcome to call in during the Membership drive to make an additional One-time gift, or to increase in your monthly contribution amount. Be sure to let the volunteer answering the phone know you are already a Sustaining member.
How can I update my credit card number or expiration date for my monthly Sustaining gift?
There are several ways to update your account:
- Update your information online on our website’s Donate page.
- You can call the Membership department at (405) 896-4323 or email email@example.com.
- If you received a letter requesting updated information, you may use the mailed form and enclosed envelope to respond.
- We are working hard to keep in touch with members when their credit cards expire or something happens with a transaction. You may receive an email containing a link to a page for updating your credit card if there is ever an error with your card.
If my card expiration date changed but my card number did not, why do I have to give my card number again?
KOSU adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to handling of donor credit and debit card account information. Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations require that KOSU not store actual credit card information on its computers. You may call (405) 896-4323, OR you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new expiration date, or update your credit card info online.
I’d like to increase or change the monthly amount I have been giving.
How can I cancel?
You can stop or suspend your monthly giving at any time. Just send an email to email@example.com or call KOSU’s Membership department at (405) 896-4323.
Does KOSU sell my name to companies or other nonprofits?
No – when you donate to KOSU we will NOT sell, trade or share your name, email address or any other contact information with any other organization. How to contact Member Services: Give us a call at (405) 896-4323 between 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will return all after-hours voicemails and emails within two business days.
Thank you for supporting KOSU!