Most Active Stories
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- How The Big New Education Law Could Cut Testing Time
- UPDATE: Tulsa 107.5 FM Signal Outage
- Each year in New York, Gottscheers celebrate the culture of a city that no longer exists
- Headlines: Broken Arrow Murders, Weekend Heat & 2015 Oklahoma Music
Dealing with PTSD
Thu May 3, 2012
Yukon Veteran Uses Music to Heal Wounds
The first days home from war are filled with joy, but it wears off. The lucky ones go back to work. Others find putting two feet on the floor every morning as difficult as nine hours in an office.
Brian Allen served in Mosul, Iraq for a full year, starting in January 2009. He’s in a therapy program for post traumatic stress disorder. On top of that a mic, guitar and some high powered computer programs have helped Brian empty his mind.
Now, Brian lives in Yukon and works in Oklahoma City. He’s part of the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder program at the VA Medical Center in Oklahoma City. While making music isn’t part of the program, his counselors have said it’s a good outlet.
Shots - Health News