Most Active Stories
- Bixby High School Bypasses Band Contests In Favor of Further Music Education
- Why Are There 1,000 Unfilled Teaching Jobs in Oklahoma?
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Two Bills Seek to Replace End-of-Instruction Exams with One Test. But What Test?
- Climate Denialists In Congress Acting As NASA's Kryptonite
Arts & Culture
Fri August 15, 2014
On Stage: Chef Rick Bayless' Dinner Theater 'Cascabel'
Originally published on Fri August 15, 2014 7:14 pm
Rick Bayless is a prominent American chef, restaurateur, author and host of the PBS series “Mexico: One Plate at a Time.” This summer Bayless has come out of the kitchen and presented his cuisine on-stage as part of his dinner theater “Cascabel.”
“I got tired of going to plays that were about food, in which the audience neither smelled or tasted the food, because I think food can create its own strong emotional reaction in people,” Bayless told Here & Now’s Robin Young.
“Cascabel” is a full theatrical experience with drama, circus performers and of course, food. Bayless discusses his relationship with food and how he wants to share it with others.
Cascabel runs through Aug. 31. Get tickets here.
Goats and Soda