Most Active Stories
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Homeless? Need Food or Shelter? There's an App For That
- Oklahoma Musician Goes on Journey to Find "Oklahoma's Favorite Son" Will Rogers
- Kansas Passes Tax Hike To Close Gaping Budget Gap
- Power Struggle: The Oil and Gas Boom and an Outbreak of Earthquakes in Oklahoma
Arts & Culture
Fri August 15, 2014
On Stage: Chef Rick Bayless' Dinner Theater 'Cascabel'
Originally published on Fri August 15, 2014 7:14 pm
Rick Bayless is a prominent American chef, restaurateur, author and host of the PBS series “Mexico: One Plate at a Time.” This summer Bayless has come out of the kitchen and presented his cuisine on-stage as part of his dinner theater “Cascabel.”
“I got tired of going to plays that were about food, in which the audience neither smelled or tasted the food, because I think food can create its own strong emotional reaction in people,” Bayless told Here & Now’s Robin Young.
“Cascabel” is a full theatrical experience with drama, circus performers and of course, food. Bayless discusses his relationship with food and how he wants to share it with others.
Cascabel runs through Aug. 31. Get tickets here.
Goats and Soda