Most Active Stories
- State of the Union, Medicaid Expansion & Teacher Pay
- AG Pruitt Files for Stays Pending SCOTUS Review of Execution Protocol
- Three New Music Shows Debuting This Week
- As Authorities Use Permit Process to Scrutinize Wells, Oil Industry Remains Silent
- Headlines: Flu Deaths, Guns for Lawmakers & Cold Beer
The New OSU Museum of Art to Feature the Works
Tue June 10, 2014
Senate Paintings Heading to Stillwater
A new museum in Stillwater is setting up an exhibit of paintings from the Oklahoma State Senate.
KOSU’s Michael Cross reports the exhibition starts in one month.
The sound of masking tape echoes in the halls of the Senate.
Four people from OSU and two from OU carefully pack the 55 artworks for transport to the Oklahoma State University Museum of Art.
Co-Curator Victoria Berry says the MOA is calling the project “Framing History: Highlights from the Oklahoma State Capitol Senate Collection.”
“It’s certainly a celebration of what we should be proud of in Oklahoma. So, why not take that to our agricultural college, Oklahoma State University, to a community that’s never had a museum before and it’s really wonderful way to introduce our community to what museums can do.”
The New exhibit featuring 15 different Oklahoma artists opens July 10th and runs through October 15th.
This is the last time the paintings will travel as they will become part of the permanent collection at the Capitol in November.
Around the Nation