Most Active Stories
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- How The Big New Education Law Could Cut Testing Time
- UPDATE: Tulsa 107.5 FM Signal Outage
- Each year in New York, Gottscheers celebrate the culture of a city that no longer exists
- Headlines: Broken Arrow Murders, Weekend Heat & 2015 Oklahoma Music
Thu July 10, 2014
Rockmentary 'The Front Man' Chronicles Rock Singer's Pursuit of Fame
Documentarian and five-time Emmy winner Paul Devlin is in Oklahoma tonight to screen his new film, The Front Man.
Devlin says the film is more than a documentary - It’s also a romantic comedy, which is a departure from his usual fare. The central characters are musician Jim Wood and his wife, Christie, who over the course of the film struggle with the choice of whether or not to start a family. He adds the film serves as a commentary on the obsession with celebrity and the validity of art with a smaller audience.
Devlin sat down with KOSU's Nikole Robinson Carroll to discuss the film, its characters and its themes.
deadCenter Film Festival