Most Active Stories
- Bixby High School Bypasses Band Contests In Favor of Further Music Education
- Why Are There 1,000 Unfilled Teaching Jobs in Oklahoma?
- 'Lost Tapes' of Bob Wills Restored By Oklahoma's 46 Star Records
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Gas With or Without Ethanol
- Climate Denialists In Congress Acting As NASA's Kryptonite
Fri June 27, 2014
OSU's Marcus Smart & Markel Brown Selected in NBA Draft; Thunder Add Three
Oklahoma State University has two former players headed to the NBA, while the Oklahoma Thunder added three players last night.
Marcus Smart was drafted by the Boston Celtics with the sixth pick in the first round, while the Minnesota Timberwolves picked Markel Brown with the 44th pick in the second round. Brown was quickly traded to the Brooklyn Nets for cash considerations.
Sports journalist Brent Weber weighs in on these draft picks and the Oklahoma City Thunder's selections.
The Oklahoma City Thunder headed into last night's draft with two first round picks, which they used on 6'10" Michigan power forward Mitch McGary (No.21) and 6'7" Stanford small forward Josh Huestis. The Thunder also traded the Miami Heat cash considerations for their 55th pick in the second round, point guard Semaj Christon.
OKC Thunder Ends Season, Looks to the Next One
Arts & Culture