Most Active Stories
KOSU Performance Space Usage Guidelines
The KOSU Performance Space (hereinafter referred to as “KOSU”) is available for use by the following:
- Oklahoma State University
- General Public
KOSU’s facilities cannot be used by any group for purposes other than for which the reservation was made. KOSU reserves the right to determine eligibility based on the type of group and the nature of the event.
All use of the KOSU performance space must be scheduled, in advance, through the KOSU. Inquiries can be made via telephone (855-808-5678) or email. Following an inquiry and tentative booking, an agreement with quoted costs will be forwarded for signature. All reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis, and based on availability of space and compliance with the guidelines of this policy. Annually recurring events may be scheduled up to three years in advance, excluding weddings and wedding receptions. All other events may be scheduled up to one year in advance.
Hours of Operation
The regular operating hours of KOSU are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and during scheduled events. KOSU will be closed on all official Oklahoma State University holidays. Exceptions to this policy may be approved for scheduled events.
Building Rentals and Fees
All events in the KOSU Performance Space must be booked through KOSU. To confirm a reservation, a signed rental agreement is required. If determined by KOSU, a deposit may also be required. KOSU requires a valid credit card number (debit or p-cards are also acceptable) be kept on file until after event invoicing is processed. Tentative reservations, or reservations without a paid deposit and signed agreement, will be honored for no longer than four (4) weeks. If the confirmation requirements are not received by the end of this time period, the tentative reservation will be cancelled and the room will be available to other groups. The fee schedule below will be observed. Any changes must be approved by KOSU.
An estimate of costs can be provided upon request. A quote of estimated charges will also be given in the reservation agreement.
Events lasting 4 Hours or Less
Events lasting 4 Hours or More
Organizations, individuals and university groups may be required to pay a security fee when utilizing the KOSU performance space. The security fee is $35.00/hour, beginning one-half hour prior to the event start time and one-half hour after the event end time. The security fee will be used for KOSU to hire a security guard to be on site throughout the duration of the event. Security hourly rate is subject to change. The security fee will be added to the total charges for each event.
In such instances that it is required by KOSU, organizations, individuals and university groups shall provide and maintain comprehensive general, liability and personal injury liability insurance against any loss or liability from damages which may result from activities at or associated with KOSU. KOSU and Oklahoma State University should be listed as “Additional Insured” and the limits should not be less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) for injury for each person injured in any one accident and not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) for property damage. Insurance coverage is subject to the approval KOSU and/or Oklahoma State University.
If the event is approved for the service of alcoholic beverages, the following requirements will govern the service of alcohol at the event:
- The individual or agency sponsoring the event assumes responsibility for compliance with all laws governing the dispensing and serving of alcoholic beverages.
- No alcoholic beverages may be sold without a license. A caterer having the required licenses to serve the alcoholic beverages is required for events offering “cash” bar(s), or events requiring the pre-purchase of a ticket (or the purchase of a ticket at the door), at which, once entry is made alcoholic beverages are available. Sale of alcoholic beverages must be arranged for and purchased through a licensed caterer of alcoholic beverages.
- Only persons of legal drinking age may possess, be served, or be permitted to consume alcoholic beverages (to include 3.2 beer). Signs to this effect must be posted at the event.
- Events where alcoholic beverages are served may not be open to the public.
- When alcoholic beverages are served, non-alcoholic beverages and food must also be made available to guests.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed outside the designated boundaries of KOSU.
- KOSU reserves the right to control the time and length of an event in which alcohol is served. KOSU further reserves the right to deny service to individuals and to discontinue the service of alcoholic beverages prior to the scheduled ending time should the conduct and decorum of the guests or violations of these guidelines or state laws make it necessary to do so. If KOSU deems it necessary to have security at the event, it will arrange such, at the expense of the sponsor.
Cancellations will be accepted provided that notification is given in writing to KOSU. KOSU reserves the right to charge any costs incurred prior to cancellation and the following rental fees:
- Reservations cancelled at least 30 days before scheduled date(s) will incur no costs.
- Reservations cancelled at least 15 days before scheduled date(s) will be charged 50% of room costs.
- Reservations cancelled less than 15 days before scheduled date(s) will be charged 100% of room costs.
All bills for use of the KOSU performance space will be prepared by KOSU and will be payable in full upon receipt. Payments not received within 45 days after invoicing will be charged to the credit card on file plus a 3% processing fee. KOSU reserves the right to require deposits and credit references for organizations and individuals using the KOSU performance space.
KOSU has some audio-visual equipment available for use by groups renting the facility. Audio-visual arrangements should be made in advance, preferably at the time the reservation is made. Specific audio-visual capabilities and a list of prices are available upon request.
Parking and Handicapped Access
Parking lot space at KOSU is restricted for Hart Building use only. Parking spaces are available on Sheridan and Shartel Avenues. All clients and guests should plan accordingly. Other special parking arrangements may be made with prior consultation with KOSU. KOSU complies with current American with Disabilities Act standards and is completely accessible and functional to the physically impaired.
Advertising and Promotions
All advertising material is subject to the approval of KOSU prior to the placement of such advertising. All advertising space on the premises is the exclusive property of KOSU. If the renting individual or organization advertises, promotes or sells the event to the general public, said individual or group agrees to clearly identify themselves as the promoter, producer, presenter or organizer in all their advertising, promotions and sales and will advertise their event as held at “KOSU on Film Row”
Decorations may not be affixed to walls, ceilings, or stairways of KOSU’s Studios. Party decorations and furniture rearrangements in reserved rooms must be coordinated in advance with KOSU. Use of candles is prohibited. All types of confetti and glitter are prohibited in KOSU’s Studios. The Association is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen articles. No posters or banners will be permitted on the Hart Building exterior or grounds without the express written consent of the Hart Building.
General Policies for KOSU
- A NO SMOKING AND NO-TOBACCO POLICY is in effect inside the building.
- Appropriate standards of dress and behavior will be observed at all times for events held in KOSU’s Studios.
- All groups are responsible for leaving KOSU’s Studios clean and orderly after use and are responsible for any damages incurred. An additional cleanup charge may be assessed for meeting rooms/reception areas not left in a satisfactory condition, as determined by KOSU.
- A representative or employee of KOSU must be present in the KOSU Studios during the times it is occupied. Any complaints regarding KOSU’s Studios and its operation should be addressed to such person.
- Animals are not allowed inside KOSU’s Studios except for those licensed to assist persons with disabilities.
- All persons or groups using the KOSU Studios must abide by the rules and regulations of KOSU.
- KOSU is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen articles.
- Liability insurance may be requested.
- The removal of any fixtures, furniture, or furnishings from the KOSU studios is prohibited.
- All events must conclude no later than midnight.
- All types of confetti and glitter are prohibited in the KOSU Studios.
- Flowers, rice, birdseed, wheat, and other similar materials may not be tossed as you exit either the room or the building.
- All confirmed room reservations (including group name, event name, contact name, and contact phone number) are distributed in a weekly schedule to appropriate Hart Building officials and service providers. If you do not want this information published in this manner, you must notify KOSU at the time that you make your reservation.
- Exceptions to any of these policies may be made by the KOSU.
KOSU reserves the right to change or modify these Usage Guidelines as it deems necessary without notice to any other party, which such changes shall be binding upon the individuals and organizations using the facilities at the time of change.