Donate Your Car to KOSU
Last year, listeners contributed nearly $30,000 to KOSU programming by donating their cars. KOSU partners with the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Service to provide a secure and convenient way for you to donate your car, boat or motor home. It's an easy way to get rid of your junk and get a tax deduction. We’ll even tow your vehicle!
To get started, call (866) 789-8627 or go to KOSU's vehicle donation page.
Thank you for considering a car donation to KOSU!
Car Donation Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the latest date I can donate my vehicle in order to include it as a tax deduction?
As long as you began the donation process and transferred your title before December 31, the donation qualifies for that year’s taxes.
I completed the donation forms and transferred my title on December 31, but the car wasn’t towed until the following week. Do I still get a tax deduction?
Yes, as long as you began the donation process and transferred your title on, or before December 31. It’s okay if the tow truck arrives the following calendar year.
I donated my vehicle and did not receive (or have misplaced) my tax receipt. Can you resend it?
We can send you an electronic version of your tax receipt. Please call our Vehicle Donation Hotline: 1-866-789-8627. They will ask you to confirm the vehicle you donated, and the main donor listed on the donation forms.
How much of a deduction will I get?
You are entitled to deduct the gross sale price of your vehicle, however, if the vehicle sells for less than $500, you can claim up to $500 of the Fair Market Value. If your vehicle sold for over $500, you will be required to call our Donor Hotline 1-866-789-8627, to confirm your social security number and address. We cannot email tax receipts that include a social security number, but we can fax one to you if you need it expedited.
Thank you to our dozens of listeners who have donated cars in the last year including:
- Jay Walker of Sapulpa for his 2005 GMC Light Duty Denali-V8
- Tipton McCubbins of Tulsa for a 1994 Toyota Pickup
- Chuck Peterson from Edmond for his 2003 Mercedes-Benz M Class
- Jonathan Allen of Norman for the 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Harl Hentges from Stillwater for his 2003 Chevy S10 Pick-Up
- Elzie Black from Bartlesville for a 2003 Ford Truck Expedition
- Robert Nephew from Oklahoma City for his 2001 Honda Civic
- Andrew Pryor from Yukon for his 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
- Natasha Ball from Sand Springs for her 1998 Honda Accord
- TR Staggs from Ponca City for a 2001 Chevy Truck Tracker
- Warren Zelenski of Enid for a 1997 Mercedes-Benz C Class
- Larry Baker from Agra for his 2000 Ford Truck Explorer
- Burke Anderson from Moore for a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE
- Franklin Atchley from Shawnee for his 1999 Dodge Intrepid
- Christopher Brill from Cashion for his 1995 Geo Prizm
- Veronica Misle from Pauls Valley for her 1990 Honda Civic
- Kyle Paige from Coyle for his 1995 Chevy Cavalier
- Nelson Durfey from Cleveland for a 1989 Dodge Ram Charger
- Chad Kliewer from Kingfisher for a 1993 Mercedes Benz 190 Series
To get started with your donation, call 866.789.8627 or visit KOSU's vehicle donation page.
Additional Questions? Call the Car Talk VDS Donor Hotline at 1-866-789-8627.