Given the attitude with which President Trump has greeted all news of the Russian interference in the 2016 election, his performance in Helsinki on Monday should have come as no surprise. And yet there was surprise — even shock — when the president of the United States stood onstage alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin and accepted the former KGB officer's denials regarding that interference. Trump was asked directly which one he believed: his own intelligence community or Putin. In so...
To an outsider, the fancy booths at a June health insurance industry gathering in San Diego, Calif., aren't very compelling: a handful of companies pitching "lifestyle" data and salespeople touting jargony phrases like "social determinants of health." But dig deeper and the implications of what they're selling might give many patients pause: a future in which everything you do — the things you buy, the food you eat, the time you spend watching TV — may help determine how much you pay for...
Latest News From NPR
- Texas Man Found Guilty Of Hate Crime For Burning Mosque
- Amid Electricity Cuts, Anti-Government Unrest Grows In Southern Iraq
- In Face Of Protectionism, EU And Japan Sign Huge Open-Trade Deal
- Opinion: The United States And Russia Aren't Allies. But Trump And Putin Are
- Scientists Hunt For A Test To Diagnose Chronic Brain Injury In Living People
Two groups of Oklahomans have filed lawsuits to block last-minute additions to the state’s first-ever medical marijuana rules. Marijuana advocacy group Green the Vote’s lawsuit filed in Oklahoma County against Gov. Mary Fallin and five board of health members accuses the members of holding a secret meeting before they voted earlier this week to approve amendments banning sales of smokable marijuana and requiring dispensaries to hire a pharmacist. The group’s attorney Ronald Durbin said the...
- Pussy Riot Prevails Against Russia In European Human Rights Court Ruling
- One Eleven Heavy 'Crosses' The Atlantic With Grateful Dead-Indebted Boogie
- The Strange Magic Of YouTube's '80s Remix Culture
- MGM Files Lawsuits Denying Liability Over Las Vegas Shooting
- Andy Shauf, 'Quite Like You' (Live At Pickathon)