Updated at 6:36 p.m. ET President Trump announced Tuesday that he has decided to exit a 2015 multinational agreement in which Iran agreed to limit its production of nuclear weapons material. "I am announcing today that the United States will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal," Trump said. He said the U.S. will reimpose economic sanctions that were lifted as part of the U.S. commitments made in the deal. The U.S. has been repeatedly waiving sanctions that curtail Iran's oil sales, but those...
Scott Pruitt, the current head of the Environmental Protection Agency, first came to national prominence back when he was Oklahoma's attorney general. In that role, he sued the agency he now runs 14 times, in a series of court cases alleging overreach by the federal government. Environmentalists in Pruitt's home state say Pruitt was much less aggressive when it came to enforcing Oklahoma's environmental laws and going after polluters. An examination of Pruitt's record on environmental issues...
Latest News From NPR
- Artificial Intelligence Takes Scientists Inside Living Human Cells
- Former CIA Officer Charged With Spying For China
- Lawmakers To Subpoena DOJ Official Over Census Citizenship Question
- Trump CIA Nominee To Testify That She Wouldn't Bring Back Waterboarding
- Trump Attorney Cohen May Have Received Russian Payments, New Document Alleges
Oklahoma City Democratic Senator Kay Floyd has been selected as the minority leader for the next legislative session. Sen. Floyd becomes the first woman in state history to lead a caucus in the Oklahoma State Senate when she takes the reins next year for the 57th legislature. She says the Democrats have a large number of people running for Senate seats this year and hopes to see an increase in the minority party. “It reflects a mandate that they are tired of business as usual, and they want...
Latest News From StateImpact Oklahoma
- Gov. Considering Bill That Removes State Hurdles To Carrying Guns In Public
- Senate Sends Teen Life Without Parole Sentencing Bill To Governor
- Key Questions And Answers On SQ 788, Oklahoma’s Vote On Medical Marijuana
- In Oklahoma, Critics Say Pruitt Stalled Pollution Case After Taking Industry Funds
- ‘On Fire For God’s Work’: How Scott Pruitt’s Faith Drives His Politics