Current Weather
The Spy FM

Share the Love: Jerry and Judy Bettis

Filed by Nikole Robinson Carroll in Art & Life, Feature, Local News, News.
February 14, 2014

Click here to download audio

The last couple of weeks, we put out a call to listeners to share their love stories for Valentine’s Day. Jerry and Judy Bettis of Stillwater knew each other for decades before romance entered the picture Рhe was childhood friends with her older brother Рbut sometimes, finding love is just a matter of the right timing.

DSC_7861 P1170096 IMG_0909 P1130567 P1160543

7 Responses to “Share the Love: Jerry and Judy Bettis”

1. Geraldine Lister says:

Wow, loved hearing this again. Jerry is my `baby' brother and we ALL were so glad to see them click so fast. I have a photo of them together in a school play..he was Prince Charming and for the life of me I cannot remember who Judy was suppose to be. They were so cute and bless bess, they still are. Thanks for sharing their Love Story!! Geraldine Bettis Lister

2. Julie Rossiter says:

Way to go Uncle Jerry and Aunt Judy! Love you both.
    Julie (Bettis) Rossiter

3. Sue Gage Wilcox says:

How I LOVED hearing this interview and remembering being on the fringe of Jerry and Judy's lives as their romance was unfolding! I was Judy's secretary at the school where she was the principal. I remember loving Jerry before I met him because he had brought a new happiness, a new sparkle to my Judy! When I did meet him, it was very evident that he treasured her. How sweet that the years have only increased their love for each other. Thank you for sharing their "Happily Ever After."

4. Mary Bettis says:

Delightful love story… and true! Indeed, you two have worked hard to embrace each other's families. Mighty glad Floyd and I are among them. Happy Valentine's Day. Mary Bettis

5. Satish Shah says:

It is wonderful to hear this TRUE fairy tale again. Shelby’s accolades compliments and completes the chronicle. Might as well let a little secret out. My wife, Rashmi, had to coach this rocket scientist how to woo Judy like a normal person! Now, instead of one true friend, we have two.

6. Angela says:

What a beautiful way to tell the World of your abiding Love! A heart felt love story with all the fears, triumphs, faith and boldness required to step forward in life. Shelby's words shattered the core of my heart, fully understanding that we have to Let Go and Let God IN; a heartbreaking story in the sense that the walls of the heart must come down in order to LOVE more deeply. What a wonderful story, something I will treasure to remind me of the same lessons Learned in Love…. God Bless all of you, You will always be a part of my Family, Blessings Always. Thank You KOSU for sharing this perpetual love story! Love, Angela

7. Cindy Robichaud says:

Mom and Dad,
    What a wonderful example you have both set for us. Shelbi, I thank you for sharing such a personal and touching story.

Cindy

5AM to 9AM Morning Edition

Morning Edition

For more than two decades, NPR's Morning Edition has prepared listeners for the day ahead with two hours of up-to-the-minute news, background analysis, commentary, and coverage of arts and sports.

Listen Live Now!

9AM to 10AM The Takeaway

The Takeaway

A fresh alternative in morning news, "The Takeaway" provides a breadth and depth of world, national and regional news coverage that is unprecedented in public media.

View the program guide!

10AM to 11PM On Point

On Point

On Point unites distinct and provocative voices with passionate discussion as it confronts the stories that are at the center of what is important in the world today. Leaving no perspective unchallenged, On Point digs past the surface and into the core of a subject, exposing each of its real world implications.

View the program guide!

Upcoming Events in your area (Submit your event today!)

Streaming audio and podcasts

Stream KOSU on your smartphone

Phone Streaming

SmartPhone listening options on this page are intended for many iPhones, Blackberries, etc. with low-cost software applications available to listen to our full-time web streams, both News on KOSU-1 and Classical on KOSU-2.

Learn more about our complete range of streaming services

We're perfecting the patient experience - Stillwater Medical Center