Current Weather
The Spy FM

The Worst Haircut Ever

Share this article and spread the love.
Join the conversation! Post a comment on this article.

The Worst Haircut Ever

Filed by KOSU News in Feature.
April 24, 2012

It seemed like a good idea to them. How hard could it be to cut some hair? Growing up, we all made silly mistakes. We just didn’t know. So when a 5 year old decided to help her 3 year old sister out and cut her hair, the results could have been predicted. What was unexpected was their description, all captured by Jeff Cohen, a reporter at WNPR.

What’s the dumbest thing your kids have ever done? Comment below, and we’ll read some on KOSU.

7 Responses to “The Worst Haircut Ever”

1. dong says:

that was too funny

2. Ponca City says:

But Mom, her hair was "itching her hips." That sounds like a pretty valid reason to me!

3. Barb says:

Oh, my…the joys of childhood. Funny and sweet.

4. Devra says:

OMG! I thought the new reports said "HAND"!!! So glad I checked this out – I was horrified at first! Incedentally, my oldest gave her little sister a hair cut a few years ago, I think they were 4 and 2. The bad part is none of my girls' hair grows fast so trying to slowly repair the damage to the younger one has takens years!

5. Traci says:

This made my day!! I love the honesty of children. Thank you for playing this.

6. Goetz says:

OK, this totally put a smile on my face today…

7. Everett T Hood says:

And I remember my childhood days. Ugh kids may say the darndest things, but they can also be too tactless, which ain't bad most of the time. I shared some of childhood's worst haircut, and growing them took so long that I swear I won't let myself have that look again. I went to the best beauty salon in perth to make sure now that I always look my best!

3PM to 6PM All Things Considered

All Things Considered

For two hours every weekday, All Things Considered hosts Robert Siegel, Michele Norris and Melissa Block present the program's trademark mix of news, interviews, commentaries, reviews, and offbeat features.

Listen Live Now!

6PM to 7PM Marketplace

Marketplace

Hosted by Kai Ryssdal, award-winning Marketplace is public radio's daily magazine of business and economics.

View the program guide!

7PM to 9PM Juke Joint Revival

Juke Joint Revival

Juke Joint Revival rivals any Rockabilly/Roots show on the air today, and the host of that program, Jenni Zee, lives and breathes the Rockabilly lifestyle. Her show has drawn the attention of Rockabilly fans the world over.

View the program guide!

Upcoming Events in your area (Submit your event today!)

Streaming audio and podcasts

Stream KOSU on your smartphone

Phone Streaming

SmartPhone listening options on this page are intended for many iPhones, Blackberries, etc. with low-cost software applications available to listen to our full-time web streams, both News on KOSU-1 and Classical on KOSU-2.

Learn more about our complete range of streaming services

We're perfecting the patient experience - Stillwater Medical Center