Enter our Welcome Garrison Keillor Back to OKC Contest
Filed by Rachel Hubbard in Art & Life.
March 5, 2012
An Evening with Garrison Keillor is coming to Oklahoma City on Tuesday, May 8th and as part of the fun, KOSU is offering one lucky listener the chance to introduce America’s greatest storyteller. Enter our Welcome Garrison Back to OKC contest by sending us your best Garrison Keillor welcome. A panel of staff and listeners will judge the entries, and we’ll announce a winner during A Prairie Home Companion on Saturday, April 21st. Write firstname.lastname@example.org or send to KOSU, 303 Paul Miller Building, Stillwater, OK 74078 by April 4th, and enter for your chance to win tickets to the show and your moment on the stage.
KOSU “Welcome Garrison Back to OKC” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY STATES AND D.C., AGE 18 OR OVER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST SPONSOR. The Welcome Garrison Back to OKC Contest (“the Contest”) is sponsored by KOSU Radio (“the SPONSOR”).
2. HOW TO ENTER. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on March 6, 2012, and entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on April 6, 2012. To enter, write your best written introduction for “An Evening with Garrison Keillor” in Oklahoma City. If you attempt to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, all of your entries may be disqualified. There is no fee to submit an entry. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and acknowledges that the decisions of the SPONSOR shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
3. QUALIFIED ENTRIES. To be qualified for the Contest, an entry must include only one (1) written introduction of Mr. Keillor. In addition, the Story must (a) be in the English language; (b) be no longer than 250 words; (c) be wholly the original work of the entrant, not be copied from any other source; (d) be written solely by the entrant; (e) not have been previously broadcast or otherwise distributed or disseminated in any media or format; (f) not be in the public domain; (g) not be in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity; and (h) not include any language or other content that is indecent, inappropriate, morally objectionable or otherwise unfit for dissemination or broadcast, as determined by the SPONSOR in its discretion. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified. If the SPONSOR, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that any entry contains any material that may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, or that the use or broadcast or such entry in the manner described herein may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, the SPONSOR may immediately disqualify such entry and take any other measures the SPONSOR may deem appropriate.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to individual legal residents of the fifty United States who are age 18 and over. Any individuals who have, within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Contest or thereafter, been employed by or performed services (including but not limited to as employees, consultants, independent contractors or interns) for SPONSOR or any of its subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. The SPONSOR reserves the right to verify and confirm entrants’ ages and compliance with other eligibility requirements. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility.
5. WINNER SELECTION. Judging will commence at the time the Contest begins and continue until all entries submitted prior to the Contest end time have been reviewed. The Contest judge(s) shall be such person(s) as may be assigned by the SPONSOR in its sole discretion (the “Judge”). The Judge will select one (1) Contest Winner, based on the following criteria, weighted equally: (a) originality; (b) creativity; (c) humor; and (d) overall quality of writing. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based solely on the criteria of overall quality of writing. The Contest Winner will be announced on KOSU during A Prairie Home Companion on April 21, 2012. If the Contest Winner does not reply to any notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to the Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of SPONSOR, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
6. PRIZE. One (1) Contest Winner may be interviewed may have his/her introduction read on-air during A Prairie Home Companion. The Winner will receive two tickets to “An Evening with Garrison Keillor” (approximate value – $140.00), two tickets to a special pre-show event donor reception, and the opportunity to introduce Mr. Keillor prior to the start of the show. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive prizes is permitted, except in the discretion of SPONSOR, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists only of items expressly specified in these Official Rules.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a “Welcome Garrison Back to OKC” introduction, the entrant grants to SPONSOR a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the introduction and any portions thereof in any format (collectively “distribute” or “distribution,” as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages. Entrant retains the copyright and all other rights in the work.
8. ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants to the SPONSOR that his/her entry is not in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to defend and indemnify SPONSOR for any breach of the above representations. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release, discharge and hold harmless SPONSOR and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest, including without limitation (a) claims for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any prize and (b) claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity, false light, defamation, copyright and/or trademark infringement relating to the submission or exploitation of the entrant’s concept.
9. RELEASE OF CLAIMS. Each entrant acknowledges that the SPONSOR engages and has engaged in the developing, writing, acquiring, producing, publishing, disseminating and/or broadcasting of literary, artistic, and other material, including stories, ideas, themes, plots, titles, treatments, formats, and concepts (collectively, the “Materials”). By submitting an entry in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any Materials that the SPONSOR may hereafter use or exploit may have originated with the SPONSOR themselves or may have been acquired from the SPONSOR’s employees or other parties, and that such Materials may duplicate, parallel or resemble the introduction submitted in the Contest by the entrant. By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges that he or she understands and agrees that the SPONSOR use of Materials containing features, ideas, material and/or elements similar to or identical with those contained in their entry shall not entitle the entrant to any compensation whatsoever. As an inducement to SPONSOR to accept the entrant’s entry into the Contest, each entrant hereby waives any claim or right of action against any of the SPONSOR or their successors in connection with the SPONSOR’s use of any Materials (or any portions thereof) whether or not such Materials contain any features, ideas, material and/or elements similar or identical to those contained in an entrant’s entry.
10. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants permission to the SPONSOR to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for SPONSOR’s programming, publication, publicity, advertising and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review or approval unless prohibited by law. The SPONSOR reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Contest due to any of an act of God; unavoidable accident; epidemic; fire; blackout; act of public enemy; war, riot or civil commotion; enactment, rule, order or act of government or governmental instrumentality or tribunal; strike, lockout or other labor dispute; inclement weather; the recapture of any time period scheduled for the live broadcast of a program for an event of national importance or emergency; failure of technical facilities; failure of essential production, or technical personnel to appear or be available for production or broadcast; or other cause beyond its control. SPONSOR is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, mis-delivered, or delayed entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or judging of entries.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the District of Columbia without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the District of Columbia.
WINNER’S NAME. For the name of the Contest Winner, available after April 21, 2012, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to KOSU, Stillwater, OK 74078. Responses will be provided to all requests made prior to December 31, 2012.